Ant Control Brisbane
Whilst there are over 1300 ant species known in Australia only a relatively few are classified as pests to humans.
- Fire Ants
- Coastal Brown Ants
- Black House Ants
- Bull Ants
- Argentine Ants
- Green Headed Ants
- Sugar Ants
- Garden Ants
- Pharoah Ants
- White Footed Ants
They are a social insect that have a developed caste system where individuals are responsible for specialised duties.
Some colonies have a single queen whilst others have multiple queens and are able to construct multiple nests hampering efforts to gain control.In these situations multiple treatments may be required.
Ant colonies can be found almost anywhere including-kitchens, roof voids, lawns, gardens,timber,rockeries etc. They are fussy feeders but can feed on almost anything consumed by humans. Different ants like different foods – preferring fats & oils, proteins or sugars.
When ants find food, they leave an invisible chemical trail, called 'pheromone', so that other ants can find their way from the nest to the food source. These 'trails' of ants are very persistent even in extended periods of wet weather. Simply killing the ants you see still leaves this scent trail for the others in the nest to follow.
Ants can damage furnishings, curtains and carpets. They are not only an unpleasant sight but can also damage food used for human consumption.
Outdoors they can cause problems by undermining concrete/paved area.
Some species have a nasty bite that may need medical attention and/or cause allergic reactions.
If you want to seriously get rid of your ant problem you have to get rid of the nest or to be more exact you have to kill the Queen!
Kill her and the nest and all it's inhabitants are cactus!
Problem is it's not always that easy to find the offending nest. More often than not it will be well hidden and just not that visible to the human eye.
Alternatively as is often the case it is probably located in your neighbours yard!
If you know where the nest is
Nobody knows your property better than you do. Follow where the ant activity is and with any luck you will identify where the nest is located. This can be a little easier when dealing with larger ants.
If you find the nest place a marker of some sort (brick/rock etc) next to the nest so we can treat when we arrive.
What if you cannot locate the nest?
This is where we use the ants behaviour/biology against it. By placing our pesticides in places they frequent we can get the ants to take the active ingredient back to their nest without them even knowing what they are doing! Cool eh?
Ant control treatment will include:
- A thorough inspection of the entire premises to identify the species and to define the extent and source of the infestation.
- Treat habitat areas within property using a selection of sprays,dusts,gels and baits
- Direct nest injection if nest has been located.
- Treat ant trails and areas of known activity
- External perimeter barrier spray
- Dusting of roof void
Don't want ants?
Simple everyday household management can go a long way to lessening the chances of an ant infestation
- Eliminate all food sources
- Adopt sound food storage practices-air tight and away from walls.
- Throw out old opened food packets.
- Empty rubbish bins regularly
- Reduce availability of water-remove the causes of dampness by fixing leaking pipes and fridges, ventilate clothes dryers
- Reduce availability of shelter-reduce clutter
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness at all times
- Clean up after food handling / preparation must be immediate, thorough and regularly carried out.
- Dishes and utensils should not be left unwashed overnight.
- Clean up pet’s food bowls.
- Regular clean up around long term accumulations of stove grease, shelves etc
- Regular cleaning/mopping/vacuuming of shelves and cupboards will reduce the build up of food particles.
- Seal cracks and crevices around door frames, cupboards, pipes, tiles etc
- Ensure garden beds are at least 1m from your house.
It should be noted that no ant control treatment will ever eliminate all ants.
However we will be able to achieve a more than acceptable level of control and will be able to stop your current ant problem.
We offer full industry standard warranties and all treatments are backed by our Money Back Guarantee where if we take a job and cannot get rid of your pest problem we'll give you your money back.
CLICK HERE to make an online enquiry now!