Cockroach Pest Control Brisbane
Australia is home to more than 500 cockroach species. Of these only six are considered pests (2 native 4 introduced).
- German Cockroach,
- Australian Cockroach,
- American Cockroach,
- Oriental Cockroach,
- Brownbanded Cockroach,
- Smokybrown Cockroach.
All are mostly active at night. If you see them running around your house during the day-particularly in your kitchen you know you have a major problem that needs professional help!
They usually reside in dark, humid places and are mostly nocturnal. They will eat just about anything including any human food or drink, pet food, dead animals and plant matter including animal and paper products.
Due to their activities they may carry and transmit diseases to humans. They are capable of contaminating foods and food handling areas with droppings, cast skins, egg sacs, faecal pellets and odours.
Their indiscriminate feeding sources in areas such as sewers, drains and garbage areas bring them in contact with disease organisms including salmonella and other organisms associated with dysentery, typhoid, hepatitis and tuberculosis.
They breed prolifically and a perceived small problem can become a major problem in a very short period of time.
Common harbourages include cracks and crevices, dishwashers, electrical motors and switches, ovens and almost any warm, moist area where food is available.
Infestation occurs when cockroaches are carried into premises on raw materials or packaging or gain entry to the premises through drain covers, ventilation openings and under doors.
To give you a better idea of what you are up against with an infestation please watch the following video.
Successful cockroach control is based on Integrated Pest Management (IPM) starting with a thorough inspection of the entire premises to identify the species and to define the extent and source of the infestation.
A residential cockroach control treatment will include:
- Treat habitat areas within property using a selection of sprays,dusts,gels and baits containing an insect growth regulator which prevents nymphs developing into reproductive adults-breaking the breeding cycle.
- Treat external areas as required
- Dusting of roof void
- Without vigilant ongoing non chemical control methods re infestation can occur.
- In addition, egg cases can hatch that have not been directly affected by pesticides
We offer full industry standard warranties and all cockroach treatments and they are also backed by our 200% Money Back Guarantee where if we take a job and cannot get rid of your cockroach problem (even after we have retreated) we'll give you your money back-AND THEN DOUBLE IT!
End of Lease Treatments
Many tenants are required to treat their rental property at the conclusion of their tenancy. We specialise in these types of treatments. Invoice and treatment certificate provided. CLICK HERE for more info.
Don't want cockies?
Simple everyday household management can go a long way to lessening the chances of a cockroach infestation
- Eliminate all food sources
- Adopt sound food storage practices-air tight and away from walls.
- Throw out old opened food packets.
- Empty rubbish bins regularly
- Reduce availability of water-remove the causes of dampness by fixing leaking pipes and fridges, ventilate clothes dryers
- Reduce availability of shelter-reduce clutter
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness at all times
- Clean up after food handling / preparation must be immediate, thorough and regularly carried out.
- Dishes and utensils should not be left unwashed overnight.
- Clean up pet’s food bowls.
- Regular clean up around long term accumulations of stove grease, shelves etc
- Regular cleaning/mopping/vacuuming of shelves and cupboards will reduce the build up of food particles.
- Seal cracks and crevices around door frames, cupboards, pipes, tiles etc
- Ensure garden beds are at least 1m from your house.