Spider Control Brisbane
There are about 40,000 different species of spider. Some species are ground dwelling, while others live above ground in and on plants and buildings. They prefer warm temperatures and moderate humidity.
Most spiders are nocturnal and only appear during the day if they have been disturbed in some way. Different species share different characteristics, habitat and prey techniques. Those which depend solely on webbing to snare their prey seldom move very far and mostly hide in a crevice, curled leaves or camouflaged as twigs. Hunting spiders are a lot less dependent on webs and mostly travel for food.
Some spiders are able to cause death but most spider bites result in no more than localized swelling.
Despite their fearsome appearance, it's actually good to have a Huntsman around the house. These large, non-venomous spiders prey on the more dangerous white tailed spider as well as cockroaches and other crawling insects.
Unpopular as they are, few spiders are actually harmful to humans, generally with fangs too weak or small to puncture our skin. The majority are guilty only of annoying us with their habit of building webs across doorways etc and scaring us when we least expect it!
However, destruction of any insect or spider should be avoided unless they are directly detrimental in some way. Spiders can often be beneficial by feeding on insects like flies and crickets, carrying out their role in balancing the ecosystem.
Successful spider control is based on Integrated Pest Management (IPM) starting with a thorough inspection of the entire premises to identify the species and to define the extent and source of the infestation.
A residential spider control treatment will include:
- Treatment of external surfaces of buildings to cracks and small openings by application of a liquid spray to harbourage areas will provide a respite for 3 months or so. In areas where there are numerous trees 2 treatments should be considered during the summer months.
- apply liquid spray base of internal and external walls
- apply liquid spray to eaves
- dust roof void, weep holes, cracks and crevices
- liquid spray of accessible areas, around windows and door frames and other areas identified upon inspection or advice by the client.
Dont want spiders?
Simple everyday household management can go a long way to lessening the chances of a cockroach infestation.
- Spiders generally enter buildings through gaps in the construction like unscreened windows or spaces between doors and floors. Draught excluders fitted to doors can be an effective deterrent.
- Common sense is the best way to avoid spider bites. Check bedclothes each night and if you leave clothes on the floor, shake them before getting dressed.
- Switch off unneeded lights at night because they attract the insects that are food for spiders.
- Check pots and garden furniture before bringing them indoors and
- Educate children about the danger of Funnel Web, White Tail and Redback Spiders in particular.
- Seal cracks and crevices around door frames, cupboards, pipes, tiles etc
- Walk around the exterior of your premises two weeks after we have sprayed for spiders and squash any white egg sacks that are still in view, as this will stop the babies from hatching and a reinfestation from occurring.
We offer full industry standard warranties and all treatments are backed by our Money Back Guarantee where if we take a job and cannot get rid of your pest problem we'll give you your money back.
CLICK HERE to make an online enquiry now!